Sunday, August 24, 2008

Camping

Sorry that I don't have any pictures to share, I don't own a camera so that could be the reason, but I do have input on the week!
I know that this year was going to be diffucult for alot of us seeing how it was the first year without Dad, but it seemed to be the smoothest time this year. I believe that Dad was keeping us all safe and happy and it worked!
The whale watching this year just wasn't as good as last year due mainly to the weather, the swells were so high and the foggy mist was just a little bit too chilly for alot of people. I personally had to figure out what position would work best for me to keep myself from feeling sick and I finally stuck with standing so my legs could absorb the rocking of the boat and it worked like a charm. There seemed to be alot of sick tummies and last year it was just a matter of people who just get motion sickness that was the problem. Fun none the less!!
It was great being able to be all together and really enjoying each others company!
We all had the shock of our lives when Mom announced her retirement from the school district, but I guess there comes a time in our lives that we have to decide that we have given enough of our time and our lives to the time clock and it is time to enjoy life. She sure seems happy to have made this decision and as we have all heard she is branching out ie...computer and internet at home!
Aaron and Megan suprised us all with the news of their expectation of their third child. It was exciting to know that they had just found out that it was a boy right before they came to the coast and they shared that with us too. It touched us all that they have decided to name their new little son after Dad!
I just feel so fortunate to have such a large and loving family! Like all families there are going to be some hurt feelings from time to time, but I feel that those feelings are short lived as they should be. So this is a big thank you, first to Mom and Dad for having all of us. Also for putting up with all of our different personalities and quirks, and for not judging us but instead they accept us faults and all. Another big THANK YOU for all the years we have been able to enjoy doing this together as a family. And for the rest of this great family.....I love you all and those of you that couldn't make it know that you were missed and thought of quite often!

2 comments:

Megan R. said...

We were so excited to be able to share our news with so many family members at a single time, and in person no less! We were excited and nervous at the same time to find out that we were having another boy, but I can't help but believe that Dad had some kind of influence on it. Not only are we having a boy, but in the same month as his passing last year. And since Dad and Gavin had such a wonderful telephone discussion while he was in hospital care, I couldn't think of a more fitting name to pass on through the family.
Thank you, everyone, for such a wonderful family camping trip. Gavin is still talking about how we are going camping with all of his cousins. If it wasn't for Mom and Dad's "persistence", our family wouldn't be the same wonderful and wacky thing that it is.
Love, Aaron

robinson said...

We did have a great time this year. I was sad that I didn't bring my camera to take pictures. I hope that everyone will be able to make it to the coast next year.I think we need to do another sisters retreat some time.

Love Teresa