Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The vacation is over....

Well, my vacation time is coming to an end and I am back to work tomorrow. I think that we as a family have finally gotten this setting up and taking down of the camp site down to a pretty good science. Everything went smoothly this year, speaking personally I never had to put myself into "time out" so it was a good week for me. My family was the only one that brought a non family member this year, but we did take a vote and JJ was voted back so it went well having him there. He really got along well with everybody, even taking on the responsibility of taking the kids down to the beach by himself. Some of us got the opportunity to go kayaking this year and it was a good experience, not sure if I would do it again at the same place but I would try it in different places though.

As for the home stuff things are still where they were at the last post. My job seems to be ever changing, I am never sure of the days or the hours that I am working but I do have a job and for that I am grateful. Stacie is doing well and I believe she is starting a new derby league here in the tri-cities. I want to say that they are going to have a home bout (in Hermiston) sometime in September but I will post more about that when I have more information. Jared, well I have nothing to report about him at this time. I haven't seen or heard from him since he left the house respecting his request for no contact. It weighs heavily on my heart but I have to let him do his thing and hope that at some point he will want to re-establish our relationship. Casey really enjoyed the trip to the coast, when he worked his first shift after coming home he was at work for a whole 20 minutes he was wishing he was back at the beach! Shane is still busy both framing and working on his other company, getting things together so it can be a successful venture.

I am wanting some feedback on what the Thanksgiving plans are for this year, I have actually been told that if I wanted to have Thanksgiving off this year that the other secretary will actually work it (this is the first time since I have worked at the hopsital that she has not been the one requesting it off!). If there is anything significant going on then I will take advantage of this offer, if not I do get paid very well for working on a holiday and it falls on my "normal" scheduled day. Like I previously stated, my days are kind of up in the air right now, but it would be what my normal day would be in a perfect schedule. Let me know if a comment and I will make sure that mom is in on whatever anybody knows.

I hope that all is well will all, and will keep all of you updated as things happen in my life, oh the suspense ROFLMAO.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Chatted with my own family for doing our own thing this year, that was when mom made the big decision to bale from the TC to head to the coast.
I had my own last year, and rather enjoyed it. I may do it again this year

Megan R. said...

Hey,
I'm so sad to hear about Jared. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for you as his mom. I believe when he matures a little and has some time to figure life out a bit he will be back in your life. Hang in there.
As for Thanksgiving...it's hard for us to commit to coming over because of the weather. We were going to come last year and then it got changed to the coast which is way too far for us for such a short period of time. I will talk with Aaron about it. Hey, I have an idea...why don't you guys come HERE for Thanksgiving??!!