Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life, as I live it

Work, work, work it seems like that is all that I do. I don't want to complain too much seeing how there are alot of people out there in the world that would love to have a job so I do at least appreciate the fact that I am employed. I do wish that my work environment was better though. I am interviewing for a different position within the hospital tomorrow, not so much a truly different position it has the same job title, just a job with different responsibilities and in a unit that I have never worked for before. I have worked in an outpatient observation unit for the last four years but this job is within the OR. This past year and a half has been very difficult for me due mainly to the manager that I work under and I think that I have had my fill. It would take me forever to explain all the frustration and pain that she has caused me, and I don't really want to get into all of that anyway. Sufice it to say that it is "time for a change" to steal a line from the President. If I get this position my new hours will be Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. I really didn't want to have change my job because for the most part I really enjoy my job and the nurses that I work with and I have been doing it for four years, but my sanity is at stake here. I am not thinking that this interview is a shoe in for the position, but everybody at work thinks to seem that is just a formality. I just don't want to get my hopes up too high and then feel let down if it doesn't happen. If I don't get this job then I still have the same one that I have been doing, but my hours will change to 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. three days a week (and those 3 days are not the same ones from week to week).
I would love to say that Shane is still busy with work, but he doesn't have anything going right now. He is really trying to get his new business venture up and running so this down time is enabling him to put some time and effort into making something happen. He may actually be in Seattle for most of this week to meet with different prospective individuals about hooking up some business. I can't really go too much into what all this entails, but there are many different directions in which he can go.
Casey just got his first job and will start work this week. His best friend JJ has an uncle that bought the resturant inside the bowling alley in Pasco and that is where he will be working. He will be a dishwasher, and a bus boy there. He is going to take his food handlers permit class this week through school so he will be set there! He is very excited and is already talking about how he is going to pay for his car insurance (which is our rule), and all the rest of his money he is going to save, RIGHT. Isn't that what they always say? Life is fill with great intentions, but he has pretty much been a focused person so maybe he will actually do as he is saying.
I have to get going, I am blogging at work and I have a couple of patients that I need to be getting ready for!

1 comment:

Christina, Matt, Madisen and Riley said...

Any news about the perspective new position?